Monday, March 28, 2011

Recent work on my house..

My youngest son has started a new contracting business. (He wanted to work for himself). He does amazing work. Luckily for me, he honed his talents on my house. I have some beautiful custom rooms in my little home and I thought I'd share some of them with you.
We converted one of the bedrooms into a laundry room. This is the only room in the house that I've remained ambiguous about the paint colour. I don't HATE it like everyone else around here does but I haven't embraced it either. I think it's a good laundry room/spare room colour. I love the custom framework around the window and how he hid the dryer vents over the washer and dryer.















This next room is MY room. I'm surrounded by books and things I love, I have my TV, DVD player, CD player, laptop and a comfortable chair. I LOVE the colours in this room. He built the shelving.


















Next up, my kitchen. It was horrible. I'm too embarassed to put up a before picture. But now, it is incredible. We kept the cupboard frames, Allan built the doors and drawers, moved the sink, added a dishwasher, installed the countertop and backsplash, added undercupboard and over cupboard lighting, a valance, soft close doors and drawers, pull out pantry shelves (built the pantry as well). And I LOVE the colours.


















AND, last but not least I have a new bathroom. I LOVE this bathroom. I love the colours, the custom trims, the flooring, the lighting, the bathtub....everything. It was finished while I was away on a trip with my sister. The boys took the pictures and when I got back they had the big reveal. I've since added accessories and towels.




















Now, I just have to pay for all this..and then retire. ha!

My oldest son, Bryan, a wonderful graphic artist is creating a website for Allan's business. He's come up with his logo and business card.




Anyway, I feel blessed. And wanted to share. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Dang!! I didn't know you had a blog until today!!! The renos are FABULOUS. I LOVE the kitchen and bathroom, just gorgeous!! Nice logos, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Knat. I do love the work Allan has done on my house. As for the blog...it's a library run program to introduce us to new internet applications and stuff (that's the technical term). I've had the blog for a couple of months and am beginning to see the potential. ;-).
    The only room not done yet is my bedroom and I'm beginning to think it may never get done. His fledgling business is really starting to take off. I may have to hire him...gasp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's photosharing! Looks great Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete