Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Social Networking

Okay, something I'm familiar with. I have a Facebook page. I rarely remember to check it. I don't have very many friends but I have lots of requests from people I've never heard of asking to be my friend. I must be old school because I don't get it. You don't know me but you want to be my friend?? Am I being too literal?  I also don't play any of the games on Facebook. Some people really enjoy them but I'm not one of them.  I seem to spend most of my time on Facebook tweaking my settings because Facebook keeps changing the rules and assumes I want the world to see ME. I don't hate it, but I'm not really a fan either. I do check other facebook pages though for news and traffic updates (Global Saskatoon for instance gives good traffic reports). And I had never gone to the library facebook page before this week either. I think it all just operates outside of my 'sphere of consciousness' (for lack of a better phrase). I'm not terribly social so social networking isn't high on my list of places to go, do and see. And who the heck is Catlady and why does she want me to join her on Plaxo (whatever THAT is)?  Once a month without fail I get that email.  Apparently she's waiting for my response.
Twitter...never going to happen. I did my homework and created an account. (My password is weak, it's ALWAYS weak, how else am I going to remember it?). None of my preferred user names were available so I'll forget my user name within the hour anyway. I don't like Twitter. I don't like reading tweets. I don't like the thought of having to count characters and trying to compress my thoughts.  That's why  I don't text on cell phones. Okay, I don't HAVE a cell phone but if I did I wouldn't text. I texted once on my son's phone to see what the excitement was all about. How do people do this while they are driving???


Twitter must be where I draw that line in the sand. Or else I'm just having an exceptionally cranky day. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment